Applying for a Work Permit or Visa? Know Your Rights.

Applying for a Work Permit or Visa? Know Your Rights.

Retain a lawyer for business immigration law in Sioux Falls, SD

Foreign nationals wishing to work in the U.S. can receive a temporary work permit or H-1B visa. It's commonly the first step towards a green card and naturalization, but the road to get there isn't always easy. For help with obtaining your H-1B status or work permit, contact Evans Law, P.C. in Sioux Falls, SD.

Our lead attorney has over 24 years of experience helping clients with business immigration law. You can enjoy peace of mind knowing a skilled and knowledgeable lawyer is with you every step of the way.

Call now to get answers to your questions about business immigration law.

Understand the facts about H-1B visas

If you're in a field that requires highly specialized knowledge or additional schooling, an H-1B visa will allow you to work in the U.S. for a short amount of time. Here are some things you should know about H-1B visas:

  • A person may hold H-1B status for up to six years
  • You may ask for an extension of your visa if you're applying for green card status
  • The employee must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
  • It is possible to transfer your H-1B status to a different employer

We'll help you navigate every form and deadline to avoid setbacks and delays in your status. Contact us today to learn more about your eligibility for an H-1B visa.